Just in time for the Super Bowl: Red Wine Chili! This recipe is paleo, nightshade-free and AIP (just leave out the cumin to make it AIP), AND your family and guests will never know. I’m not one for long intros on posts because if you’re like me, you’re just going to scroll through it to the recipe anyway. :) So, without further ado, here is my Red Wine Chili recipe!
Red Wine Chili (Paleo, AIP & Nightshade-Free)
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, lard, or tallow
- 1 large onion, diced (red onion, if possible)
- 2 teaspoons dried cilantro (or 2 tablespoons fresh)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (Omit for AIP. Cumin is an AIP Stage 1 reintroduction)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 3 cups chicken or beef stock OR bone broth
- 1 (14-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 bay leaves
- Optional: toppings such as sliced green onions and avocado
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the diced onion, and season it with the cilantro, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt, and optional cumin. Cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the ground beef to the pot and cook until browned throughout.
- Add the wine, broth, pumpkin, and bay leaves. Stir to combine.
- Cover the pot and bring the chili to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.